Ahhhhh, the holidays. The lovely time of year where your mom pesters you about why you don’t go to church anymore. Or your aunt gives you shit for not having kids or not being married. Or your uncle gets in a heated (uncomfortable) “discussion” about gun rights. Your favorite, amiright? Or perhaps you’re dreading the impending convo where your bro asks you for money. Again.
Even though the holidays are supposed to be merry and bright, they can often be the most stressful when it comes to dealing with our families. Enter years of baggage, a shit-ton of guilt, mix in some alcohol, and you have a family holiday that leaves you feeling like shit instead of connected with those you supposedly love the most. If this sounds any kind of familiar, all is not lost. And, believe it or not, you can totally take back your holiday experience, boundary your ass off, and consciously CHOOSE your focus this holiday. Even if your sister is an ass-hat.
This pod explores:
- How to prepare for your family function ahead of time to set you up for success… even if your family is giving the circus a run for their money
- What it *really* looks like to set up healthy boundaries and actually follow through on them
- How to avoid (or end) uncomfortable conversations with the utmost grace
- How to decide exactly what you want to focus on during the get-together… you know, so you can actually enjoy yourself #gladtidingsmuthafucka
HIRE ME TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT!
ACCESS ‘ENOUGHNESS’. POWERFULLY NAVIGATE FEAR. SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF.
I have three battle-tested (and badass) keynote speeches that are ready to be delivered to your company, organization, group, or association. If you or anyone you know could benefit from me droppin’ some gems (um, like, who couldn’t use some new tools?) please send them to THIS FANCY INFO PAGE on my site where you/they can message me directly about specific needs.
PERKS FOR THE POD-IENCE
This podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp and The Bold-Faced Truth Podcast listeners get 10% off their first month at betterhelp.com/boldtruth or simply enter code boldtruth at checkout. Hello!!
Join the millions of people who have found huge relief and support from BetterHelp therapists and save on your first month while you’re at it! Check it out ~>
- POD #316: 9 Communication Hacks to Control Your Tone of Voice + *NOT* Fly Off the Handle
- POD #357: 6 Ways To Start Speaking Up For Yourself
- POD #396: [AMY SAYS] How-the-hell to Establish Lasting Boundaries
- POD #398:[COACHING SESSION] Working with Isabel on Familial Boundaries
- POD #399:[TOOL] Working with Handwriting Analysis to Create Boundaries
- POD #429:[DIAL AN EXPERT] Emotional Intelligence and Relationship Communication with Dr. Shyamala Kiru
- POD #447: [AMY SAYS] Boundary Deep Dive, Part 1
- POD #448: [AMY SAYS] Boundary Deep Dive, Part 2
- POD #450: [AMY SAYS] When *NOT* to Speak Up + When Grace + Kindness Don’t Work
- POD #466:[Amy Says] 7 Ways to Amp Up Your Self-Confidence
- POD #467: [Dial An Expert] Confidence, Thought Work, and Dealing with Failure with Jane Atkinson
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!