Let’s say you want to go for a promotion at your work, but your inner voice keeps telling you that you’re an imposter. Who are you to go for this job? Or maybe you are thinking of starting your own business, but you know you’re lacking some serious confidence. Don’t you have to be super confident right off the bat to do something like that? Or maybe you tried going back to school but you failed your first test so you threw in the towel and haven’t been back since.
When we talk about personal development topics like confidence, imposter complex, or navigating failure, we often think there is one specific trick or tool that will magically imbue us with all the confidence we desire, get rid of all our self-doubt, or make us immune to hardship. You know… just shittin’ glitter over here. Sadly, that isn’t the case.
This week on the show I chat with my pal, Jane Atkinson, who shares a 5-part Thought Work Model which can help you bust through self-doubt, conjure some serious confidence, and contend with failure like a badass. If you have a hard time getting into an empowering mindset or tend to go down negative rabbit holes on tv or social media, you will definitely want to pull up an ear for this one.
This pod explores:
- Jane’s two-prong approach to conjuring confidence… and how you’ve already proven to yourself that you can be courageous
- Jane’s 24 hour “wallow rule” and how it can help you process your feelings around failure
- The 5-step Thought Work Model Jane uses to keep her mindset in the right place
- Understanding imposter complex and what to do about it
wanna hang with me in Mexico?
oF COURSE, YOU DO! aPPLICATIONS NOW OPEN FOR MY MEXICO RETREAT!
Let’s go to Mexico, Baby!! Wanna hang out in real life? And learn how to establish boundaries and believe in your own worthiness? And connect with like-minded badasses who are dying to be in your corner? And eat amazing food in a #gorge paradise? Of course, you do!
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN for my all-inclusive, IN-PERSON retreat held at a luxe, boutique resort in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico! But, act fast because space is extremely limited!
[I’M] ENOUGH ALREADY Retreat will teach you everything you need to know to finally feel ‘enough’, let go of your past (hello, forgiveness!), and gain some super-human self-confidence!
This retreat will rapidly sell out, so JUMP IN while you can! Go HERE or click that fancy image to secure your spot in paradise! Can’t wait to hug you #IRL!
PERKS FOR THE POD-IENCE
This podcast is sponsored by LetsGetChecked and The Bold-Faced Truth Podcast listeners get a whoppin’ 30% off their first test kit of choice at trylgc.com/boldtruth or simply enter code boldtruth at checkout. Hello!!
Getting necessary medical testing can be simple, safe, and easily done in the privacy of your own home. Check out this killer offer from
LetsGetChecked and save 30% on your first test kit! Check it out ~>
this week’s ‘dial an expert’ guestie
Jane Atkinson has been helping speakers catapult their careers for more than 30 years. She is the author of The Wealthy Speaker 3.0 (out this Fall), The Epic Keynote, The Wealthy Speaker Daily Success Planner and Journal, and Scaling Your Speaking Business.
Prior to coaching, Jane worked as an agent for several speakers whose careers skyrocketed. She also served as Vice President of a Speakers Bureau in Dallas where she represented several celebrities, best-selling authors and business experts.
Jane is the Founder of The Wealthy Speaker School which helps speakers build the businesses of their dreams through their course, community, masterminds and coaching.
Connect with Jane on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Instagram.
- POD #384: [COACHING SESSION] Working with Rachel on Imposter Complex
- POD #385: [DIAL AN EXPERT] Tanya Geisler on Imposter Complex
- POD #386: [AMY SAYS] 5 Ways to Stop Feeling Like a Fraud
- POD #387: [TOOL] Hypnosis Session to Heal the Imposter Complex
- POD #466: 7 Ways to Amp Up Your Self-Confidence
- Amy Cuddy Ted Talk on body language affecting how we feel about ourselves
- Lisa Steadman
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!