Tell me if this sounds familiar: You have “this friend”… and perhaps this is someone you’ve known forever, maybe you saw each other through some tough times, but at this particular place in your life, this friendship has been feeling strained, frustrating, and sometimes downright toxic. But you guilt yourself saying, “Well, we’ve been friends since college” or “Am I a dick if I don’t want to be there for her anymore?”
If that sounds at all familiar, you are in the same boat that many people find themselves in when they reach their 30s and 40s and beyond. You’ve grown as a person, your life has changed, and your priorities have shifted. But, you still feel tethered to this historical relationship that feels more like it’s robbing you dry than adding to your fulfillment.
A listener of the show wrote to the pod asking how to actually let go of one of these friendships. I mean, how do you go about breaking up with a friend? Is there an approach? How do you know if you’re being a big ‘ol meanie? If you’ve been pulled to part ways with a friendship, but have no idea what-the-hell that really looks like, you may want to have a listen. I discuss six major concepts to keep in mind (you know, to keep your shit straight) and two specific methods you can take to pull the trigger on the “break up”. Additionally, I walk you through how to deal if someone breaks up with you (or simply just ghosts you).
This pod explores:
- How to tap into the “real” reason you’re looking to end the friendship
- How to get connected to the way you need to conduct yourself so you’re proud of your own behavior (even if the other person loses their shit)
- Two specific methods to “break up” with this unfulfilling friendship
- Four steps to aid in your healing if someone has broken up with you or isn’t communicating with you any longer
PERKS FOR THE POD-IENCE
This podcast is sponsored by LetsGetChecked and The Bold-Faced Truth Podcast listeners get a whoppin’ 30% off their first test kit of choice at trylgc.com/boldtruth or simply enter code boldtruth at checkout. Hello!!
Getting necessary medical testing can be simple, safe, and easily done in the privacy of your own home. Check out this killer offer from LetsGetChecked and save 30% on your first test kit! Check it out ~>
THE TWO BELOW ARE ALL ABOUT GRIEF:
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!