You land your perfect job.
And then your inner voice tells you that you are horribly unqualified and everyone is going to find you out.
You enter a super healthy relationship with an awesome partner.
And then your inner voice tells you how damaged you are, why you aren’t good enough, and why it’s all going to come crashing down in a blazing inferno.
You finally finish that graduate degree.
And then your inner voice tells you how you were the slowest in the class, probably won’t get hired, and should probably just try to get your old job back.
Sound familiar? If so, you are likely battling a lovely little issue we (in the personal growth world) like to call The Imposter Complex – A.K.A. Feeling like a fraud. The idea that, in spite of your success or accomplishment, you are somehow not good enough, a total charade, and have fooled everyone who will surely soon find you out.
In this week’s episode, I discuss what to do when you continue to beat yourself up about being an imposter in your career, relationship, as a parent, or whatever. You’ll learn what to do with those pesky thoughts, how to acknowledge yourself (without being a cocky asshole), and how to own your god-damned brilliance (even if that terrifies you).
This pod explores:
- The reason why over 70% of people struggle with Imposter Complex at some point in their life
- How to zero in on what you’re really afraid of so you can get a handle on your triggers and create a much more empowering inner convo
- Two of my favorite assignments to snap you outta this imposter trap (bring your pen and paper, Babycakes! We got work to do!)
- The one tool you need to employ TODAY to change how you view yourself so you know, you can actually be fucking happy
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Share your feedback and WIN SOME SERIOUS SWAG! Take a few minutes to share your thoughts on the new podcast format and you’ll be entered to win a bunch of cool JJ shit!
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #298: 4 Steps to Silencing Your Inner Shit Talker
- POD #384: [Coaching Session] Working with Rachel on Imposter Complex
- POD #385: [Dial An Expert] Tanya Geisler on Imposter Complex
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!