Ever wonder why having difficult conversations causes soooo much anxiety, often leaving you tongue-tied, frustrated with how you’re getting your point across, and down-right bummed-the-fuck-out? It can be super stressful to approach a sticky topic with someone in your life, especially if you are anticipating a less than enthusiastic response. Believe it or not, there are actually a handful of things you can do to totally shift in your approach in order to get your message across in a MUCH more effective way. You know, without throwing your partner’s shoes at them.
This episode targets 8 steps you can easily employ to feel much more powerful when you tell your mother-in-law to stop trying to parent your kids. Or whatever other challenging topic you need to address. You’ll learn the most effective way to communicate your needs (and in turn get what you want) without feeling like a big ol’ asshole.
This pod explores:
- What you need to do BEFORE you have a tough conversation in order to set yourself up for success
- How to begin a conversation in such a way that the other party is totally willing to hear you out
- How to get really clear on what you’re asking for or requesting
- How to own your shit and feel good about what you’re expressing, even if the other person isn’t diggin’ it
HIRE ME TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT!
ACCESS ‘ENOUGHNESS’. POWERFULLY NAVIGATE FEAR. SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF.
I have three battle-tested (and badass) keynote speeches that are ready to be delivered to your company, organization, group, or association. If you or anyone you know could benefit from me droppin’ some gems (um, like, who couldn’t use some new tools?) please send them to THIS FANCY INFO PAGE on my site where you/they can message me directly about specific needs.
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!