What if you could listen in to a coaching session where someone is being coached on feeling like an imposter? You’d be all over it, right? Well, you’re in luck, my friend. In this inaugural coaching episode, I work with a lovely and highly accomplished woman, Rachel, on her struggle of feeling “not enough” and how that manifests into an imposter complex in her workplace.
When I asked how imposter complex was showing up in her life, here is what she shared with me:
I’m constantly plagued by the idea that I need to achieve more or earn more credentials in order to step into my expertise. I work in violence prevention/intervention and I’m also a survivor of various forms of interpersonal violence. I’m so worried about showing up EITHER as a survivor OR an expert because of how long I’ve been doing this work instead of owning that some of the expertise I have is simply because I lived it. I constantly feel like “who are you” to think I can become a consultant on issues I know damn well I am capable of consulting on and feel like I’m not worthy of stepping into my power as an actual expert in my field. I’m always making the excuse that I need to do more schooling or work for longer when in my heart I would love to step up and own my skill set.
We dig into her constant pull to amass credential after credential in order to prove her worth, the constant feeling of “not enough”, and some steps to take to start altering this reality. If you find yourself addicted to approval or achievement at the cost to your own happiness, this episode is a must-listen. Creep our session, have a pen and paper handy and get ready to steal Rachel’s homework for yourself.
This pod explores:
- The first step in changing the belief that you are an “imposter”
- Understanding how our beliefs about “not being enough” are formed and take hold
- The connection between your self-worth and feeling like an imposter and what to do about it
- How to stop collapsing your “enoughness” with your accomplishments
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
Is this the year you go from a people-pleasing, guilt-tripped perfectionist to a bold and boundaried badass? Um, yeah. I think it is!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
You in on this FREE badassery yet? You are officially invited to my super exclusive/inclusive, [grin] Facebook group, The Joy Junkie After Hours Club!
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!