Ever feel like you’re expressing yourself like a #boss and the other person is like, “Why are you yelling? Please don’t scream at me.” And then you’re all, “Whaaaa?! I’M NOT SCREAMING!” Or have you ever addressed something with your partner/bestie/co-worker and they told you your tone was a bit harsh? Um. Yeah. Me too.
Recently, a listener reached out to the show and asked how she could better control her voice when talking about serious issues with her husband. Often we think we are being crystal-fucking-clear about WHAT we are saying to another person, but in the passion of our emotions, we often lose sight of HOW we are expressing our thoughts.
In this episode, I spill nine, super-easy-to-implement communication hacks you can use to control your tone, not lose your ever-lovin’ mind, and communicate in a way that gets your point across and your needs met. Boom. Just like that.
This pod explores:
- My favorite body-related, go-to tactic to use in the middle of a heated conversation
- How to develop a “code word” or “phrase” to signal the convo is going off the rails
- What to do if you actually DO lose your shit and need to clean up your mess
HIRE ME TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT!
ACCESS ‘ENOUGHNESS’. POWERFULLY NAVIGATE FEAR. SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF.
I have three battle-tested (and badass) keynote speeches that are ready to be delivered to your company, organization, group, or association. If you or anyone you know could benefit from me droppin’ some gems (um, like, who couldn’t use some new tools?) please send them to THIS FANCY INFO PAGE on my site where you/they can message me directly about specific needs.
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!