How many times have you NOT spoken up because you were afraid of what someone may think? How many times have you not fought for the raise you deserved? How often have you apologized or beaten yourself up for your own body? How do you tweak your posture when you’re dealing with someone aggressive and domineering? How often do you disrespect your time by allowing others to be late or demand things of you last minute?
All of these scenarios (and many more) indicate how comfortable you may be Taking. Up. Space. For many of us, we’ve been told that we aren’t as worthy or valid as the next person which often leads us to shrink and dim our shine in order to make other comfortable. You may find these situations all too familiar. I sure-as-hell have.
In this week’s episode, I explore the concept of “taking up space”, what that actually looks like, and how to start owning your personal power and self-worth. I look at seventeen different things you can start paying attention to in order to catapult your “enoughness” and start demanding a seat at the table. Get ready to own your brilliance and kick your confidence into high gear.
This pod explores:
- How your ability (or inability) to take up space speaks volumes about your self-worth
- The secrets of “successful” people who seemingly have no issue demanding space for themselves
- 17 Ways you can start taking up space in simple, bite-sized ways… all at your own pace
- Simple script ideas for when you KNOW you need to speak up for yourself but you struggle to find the words
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
Is this the year you go from a people-pleasing, guilt-tripped perfectionist to a bold and boundaried badass? Um, yeah. I think it is!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- POD #228: How to Stop Apologizing and Over-Explaining
- POD #357: 6 Ways to Start Speaking Up for Yourself
- POD #384: [Coaching Session] Working With Rachel On Imposter Complex
- POD #385: [Dial An Expert] Tanya Geisler On Imposter Complex
- POD #386: [Amy Says] 5 Ways To Stop Feeling Like A Fraud
- POD #401: [Amy Says] How To Manifest Your Soulmate – Part 1
- POD #402: [Amy Says] How To Manifest Your Soulmate – Part 2
- POD #403: [Dial An Expert] A Mindset For Attracting Love With Kira Sabin
- POD #407: Andrea Owen on Taking Up Space + Making Some Noise
- Amy Cuddy’s TED Talk, “Your body language may shape who you are”
- You Are Your Best Thing: Vulnerability, Shame Resilience, and the Black Experience, by Tarana Burke and Brene Brown
- The Body Is Not an Apology, Second Edition: The Power of Radical Self-Love, Sonya Renee Taylor
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!