I used to flippantly refer to myself as a Perfectionist and oftentimes I would refer to it being a badge of honor. As I got older and my anxiety increased, I realized that being a chronic perfectionist was actually STEALING my joy instead of making my job easier. But, how does one just stop being a perfectionist?
Perhaps you find yourself in the same boat; Vacillating between being SOLD on the idea that everything has to be just perfect and the conflicting desire to let things “go with the flow” or just be “good enough”. If you’ve found yourself in this dance, you are most certainly not alone. In this week’s episode, I break down just how detrimental the strive for perfection can be and how it often leads to much suffering, frustration, and angst.
Additionally, I dig into 6, easy-to-implement steps you can take to begin allowing room for your humanity without sacrificing excellence and how you can maintain your integrity AND your sanity.
This pod explores:
- Why “Perfect” doesn’t really exist and how the pursuit of perfection can be #supes detrimental – But how it also can be exactly what is called for sometimes (Wait, WHAT!?)
- How to figure out the personal “Rules” you’ve established for yourself that have locked you into perfectionism and chronically delay your happiness
- My favorite tool to catch and re-route your perfectionism in the moment (without overthinking it to death)
- How to allow room for excellence and integrity in what you do, without the “pressure of perfect”
WORTHY. APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
IT’S TIME TO BELIEVE YOU ARE WORTHY, ONCE AND FOR ALL.
It’s time to stop talking constant shit to yourself. It’s time to stop caring so much about what everyone else thinks of you. It’s time to let go of that death grip on perfectionism, self-doubt, and people-pleasing. After all, how has that been working? That’s what I thought.
Let’s kick that shit to the curb, shall we? The doors are officially open for an exclusive, group-coaching immersion that will teach you the skills to access some serious “enoughness,” start believing in yourself, and speak up for yourself like a bold, boundaried badass. Oh, and this 9-month, deep-dive includes TWO, 5-day, luxury retreats! Hello!
Want in? Of course you do. Clickety click RIGHT HERE or click the fancy image to get the invitation and apply for WORTHY. so we can get shit handled.
- EP#306 – THE TOP 5 REGRETS OF THE DYING + HOW TO LIVE A REGRET-FREE LIFE
- [AMY SAYS] EP#459 – THE CONNECTION BETWEEN PERFECTIONISM, PROCRASTINATION, AND FEELING STUCK + WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT
- [AMY SAYS] EP#487 – THE CONNECTION BETWEEN SPEAKING UP + YOUR SELF-WORTH
- [AMY SAYS] EP#488 – THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FEELING ‘NOT ENOUGH’ + BELIEVING YOU’RE ‘NOT ENOUGH’ AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT
- [AMY SAYS] EP#489 – THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND + WHY YOU DON’T FEEL ‘ENOUGH’
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!