Iused to flippantly refer to myself as a Perfectionist and oftentimes I would elude to it being somewhat of a badge of honor. As I got older and my anxiety increased, I realized that being a chronic perfectionist was actually STEALING my joy instead of making my job easier. But, how does one just stop being a perfectionist?
Perhaps you find yourself in the same boat; Vacillating between being SOLD on the idea that everything has to be just perfect and the conflicting desire to let things “go with the flow” or just be “good enough”. If you’ve found yourself in this dance, you are most certainly not alone. In this week’s episode, I break down just how detrimental the strive for perfection can be and how it often leads to much suffering, frustration, and angst.
Additionally, I dig into 5, easy-to-implement steps you can take to begin allowing room for your humanity without sacrificing excellence and how you can maintain your integrity AND your sanity.
This pod explores:
- Why “Perfect” doesn’t really exist and how the pursuit of perfection can be #supes detrimental
- How to figure out the personal “Rules” you’ve established for yourself that have locked you into perfectionism
- My favorite tool to catch and re-route your perfectionism in the moment (without overthinking it to death)
- How to allow room for excellence and integrity in what you do, without the “pressure of perfect”
APPLICATIONS OPEN SEPTEMBER 8TH!
IT’S TIME TO BELIEVE YOU ARE WORTHY, ONCE AND FOR ALL.
It’s time to stop talking constant shit to yourself. It’s time to stop caring so much about what everyone else thinks of you. It’s time to let go of that death grip on perfectionism, self-doubt, and people-pleasing. After all, how has all that shit been working? That’s what I thought.
Let’s kick that shit to the curb, shall we? I’m about to open the doors for an exclusive, group-coaching immersion that will teach you the skills to access some serious “enoughness,” start believing in yourself, and speak up for yourself like a bold, boundaried badass. Oh, and this 9-month, deep-dive includes a 5-day, luxury retreat! Hello!
Want in? Of course you do. Clickety click RIGHT HERE or click the fancy image to get on the VIP list and be the first to be notified when the application window is open for WORTHY.
HIRE ME TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT!
ACCESS ‘ENOUGHNESS’. POWERFULLY NAVIGATE FEAR. SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF.
I have three battle-tested (and badass) keynote speeches that are ready to be delivered to your company, organization, group, or association. If you or anyone you know could benefit from me droppin’ some gems (um, like, who couldn’t use some new tools?) please send them to THIS FANCY INFO PAGE on my site where you/they can message me directly about specific needs.
PERKS FOR THE POD-IENCE
This podcast is sponsored by LetsGetChecked and The Bold-Faced Truth Podcast listeners get a whoppin’ 30% off their first test kit of choice at trylgc.com/boldtruth or simply enter code boldtruth at checkout. Hello!!
Getting necessary medical testing can be simple, safe, and easily done in the privacy of your own home. Check out this killer offer from
LetsGetChecked and save 30% on your first test kit! Check it out ~>
- POD #390: Jenna Teague + Ashley Looker On Perfectionism
- POD #391: Using Human Design To Address Perfectionism With Kelsey Abbott
- POD #457: 10 Things to Do When You Feel Stuck
- POD #458: What to Do When You Feel Stuck As Fuck with Britt Frank
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!