Even though the holiday season is supposed to be all merry and bright and full of glad tidings, it’s quite certain that you’ve found yourself engaged with total overwhelm, buckling from the stress, and dangerously approaching burnout. Although fun and festive, it can take a sheer act of god to keep you from losing your ever-lovin’ mind during the chaos of this time of year, amiright!?
If it’s not the multitude of gifts to buy or the food to prep, then it’s surely the family drama or workplace obligations that bring you to your breaking point. And while you’re spending money on shit you don’t want to buy or baking food for people you don’t even enjoy very much, you find yourself wondering why the fuck peace on earth has eluded you. But, lord help you if you don’t show up to the office party with the secret santa gift or all hell might break loose if you tell the in-laws you can’t make it this year.
If you have found yourself overloaded by holiday stress and obligations, get ready for a huge sigh of relief. On this week’s show, I sound off on six things you can start doing immediately to relinquish all the holiday overwhelm and chaos so you can actually enjoy the things about this time of year that truly mean the most to you.
This pod explores:
- How your attachment to things being P E R F E C T may be causing you unnecessary stress and overwhelm
- My favorite tool to figure out exactly how (and with whom) I want to spend my time and energy
- How to decline unwanted invitations with the utmost grace and kindness… because you need some downtime, Babycakes!
- How to not get sucked into other people’s holiday stress and obligations
HIRE ME TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT!
ACCESS ‘ENOUGHNESS’. POWERFULLY NAVIGATE FEAR. SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF.
I have three battle-tested (and badass) keynote speeches that are ready to be delivered to your company, organization, group, or association. If you or anyone you know could benefit from me droppin’ some gems (um, like, who couldn’t use some new tools?) please send them to THIS FANCY INFO PAGE on my site where you/they can message me directly about specific needs.
PERKS FOR THE POD-IENCE
This podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp and The Bold-Faced Truth Podcast listeners get 10% off their first month at betterhelp.com/boldtruth or simply enter code boldtruth at checkout. Hello!!
Join the millions of people who have found huge relief and support from BetterHelp therapists and save on your first month while you’re at it! Check it out ~>
- POD #277: 5 Ways To Gain More Peace
- POD #379: Confidence Hangover: Feeling Guilty After Speaking Up For Yourself
- POD #396: [AMY SAYS] How-the-hell to Establish Lasting Boundaries
- POD #398:[COACHING SESSION] Working with Isabel on Familial Boundaries
- POD #399:[TOOL] Working with Handwriting Analysis to Create Boundaries
- POD #429:[DIAL AN EXPERT] Emotional Intelligence and Relationship Communication with Dr. Shyamala Kiru
- POD #447: [AMY SAYS] Boundary Deep Dive, Part 1
- POD #448: [AMY SAYS] Boundary Deep Dive, Part 2
- POD #468: How To *Not* Lose Your Shit With Your Family This Holiday
- POD #469: 6 Ways To Deal With Grief During The Holidays
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!