Ever feel like you just can’t quite enjoy the holidays because you’re in the middle of an emotional shitstorm that seems to make the season trying, stressful, and overwhelming? Maybe it’s your first holiday after being newly divorced. Or maybe it’s the fifth Christmas without your beloved mother, and you can’t seem to understand why it’s still so damn hard for you. Or perhaps you just moved your family across the country and although it was an amazing decision for you, you still find yourself incredibly nostalgic, overly emotional, and sensitive.
If any of that sounds familiar, it’s likely that there is something in your world that needs a little processing. (And, no, there’s nothing wrong with you.) Perhaps what’s tugging at you is the need for full-on grieving the loss of a loved one, which feels exacerbated by the sentimental tone of the holiday. Or perhaps it’s as simple as “a case of the blues” because you’ve changed jobs and aren’t able to do the gift exchange with your previous company you were with for ages.
Whatever you may be going through in your life, if you’ve created any changes in patterns, it’s likely there may be a bit (or a shit ton) of emotion to work through… especially during this time of year. Even if you don’t think grief is called for, have a listen through this episode where I share six things you can do to work through all the “feels” you’re having during this temperamental time. And, P.S. Dealing with your feels doesn’t mean you’re weak, too dramatic, or too sensitive. It just means you’re fucking human. And brave.
This pod explores:
- The real reason why you might be drinking too much, eating too much, or spending too much during the season
- The best way to set yourself up for success if you KNOW the holidays will make your current life circumstances extra tough
- How to let go of the past in a powerful way and create a new, empowered meaning behind the season
- Who you should (and should not) be turning to for support
HIRE ME TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT!
ACCESS ‘ENOUGHNESS’. POWERFULLY NAVIGATE FEAR. SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF.
I have three battle-tested (and badass) keynote speeches that are ready to be delivered to your company, organization, group, or association. If you or anyone you know could benefit from me droppin’ some gems (um, like, who couldn’t use some new tools?) please send them to THIS FANCY INFO PAGE on my site where you/they can message me directly about specific needs.
PERKS FOR THE POD-IENCE
This podcast is sponsored by LetsGetChecked and The Bold-Faced Truth Podcast listeners get a whoppin’ 30% off their first test kit of choice at trylgc.com/boldtruth or simply enter code boldtruth at checkout. Hello!!
Getting necessary medical testing can be simple, safe, and easily done in the privacy of your own home. Check out this killer offer from
LetsGetChecked and save 30% on your first test kit! Check it out ~>
- POD #338: The *Real* Reasons You’re Mad + Sad, Part 1
- POD #339: The *Real* Reasons You’re Mad + Sad, Part 2
- POD #396: [AMY SAYS] How-the-hell to Establish Lasting Boundaries
- POD #398:[COACHING SESSION] Working with Isabel on Familial Boundaries
- POD #399:[TOOL] Working with Handwriting Analysis to Create Boundaries
- POD #429:[DIAL AN EXPERT] Emotional Intelligence and Relationship Communication with Dr. Shyamala Kiru
- POD #447: [AMY SAYS] Boundary Deep Dive, Part 1
- POD #448: [AMY SAYS] Boundary Deep Dive, Part 2
- POD #468: How to *NOT* Lose Your Shit with Your Family this Holiday
- Comparative Suffering, the 50/50 Myth, and Settling the Ball, Brené Brown
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!