Tell me if this sounds familiar: Someone catches you completely off guard and lays into you about something you did/didn’t do and everything in you wants to tell them where they can shove it. But instead, you brush it off, telling yourself it’s just not worth it. But is it over? The confrontation – Yes. The emotion? Hardly. You ruminate on everything you wish you would have said. You make up stories about the other person and what an asshat they are. You replay and replay and replay. You lose sleep. You toss it around with your bestie. You avoid the person. Been there?
Or how about this one: You know you need to speak up to someone. Maybe it’s Mom. Maybe it’s your boss. Maybe it’s your spouse. Something you know need to share, but god-damn it if you don’t get all clammed up, nervous, and fumbly every time to try to speak up. Your voice shakes, your heart races, you may even cry, and nothing comes out as planned? Hit home?
If either of those situations sound familiar, you are certainly not alone. Whether we need to confront someone or someone is confronting us, these sorts of interactions can be absolute nightmares to navigate. In this week’s show I’m sounding off on specific steps, tactics, and phrases you can use if either of these slippery (and fucking uncomfortable) situations smack you in the face. Get ready to embrace some killer confidence and get aaaaaall the words out… with power.
This pod explores:
- The absolute BEST thing to say when someone catches you off guard (and no, it’s not Fuck you very much)
- How to deal with uncomfortable emotions (and anxiety) that arise when you are confronting someone or when you are being confronted
- My favorite tips for preparing for a tough conversation without losing sleep, stressing yourself, or eating all of the things
- The #1 thing you MUST plan for after a tough conversation
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #102 – Confessions of a Life Coach with Anxiety Disorder
- POD #200 – What No One Ever Taught You About Boundaries
- POD #224 – Dealing with Anxiety, Panic Attacks, and Medication
- POD #250 – Tough Convos 101
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!