Afew weeks back, I asked the Pod-iance what instances left them fumbling for words and lacking the knowledge of what to say. And wow, did y’all deliver! One listener was stumped on what to say when someone says something you disagree with or that straight-up offends you. Another expressed difficulty speaking up when everyone and their mother has an opinion about what she should do for her wedding. And yet another expressed a tough time being vocal when a well-meaning person dismisses a powerful choice you’ve made (like not wanting kids or not eating meat).
Tough ones, right? Isn’t it easier to just sweep it under the rug or not rock the boat? Sure it is. But there is a cost to letting others mow you over with their words. Every time you choose to silence yourself, you are sending a subconscious message to yourself that your wants, opinions, and needs simply don’t matter as much as other people. That’s a HUGE message to your self-worth! And, not a good message, I may add.
Have a listen to this week’s show where I give a litany of script options of what you can say in the stickiest of situations. Be sure to have your pen and paper handy as this episode is packed with assertive phrases you can use to speak up for yourself without starting a brawl or feeling like an asshat.
This pod explores:
- What to say when you’re offended but don’t want to get into a huge debate
- How to speak up for a powerful choice you’ve made that your family doesn’t agree with
- What to say when you’re totally caught off guard
- How to shut down conversations that make you feel dismissed or backed into a corner
- What to say when someone tells you you’re too “sensitive” or “emotional” or whatever
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
Is this the year you go from a people-pleasing, guilt-tripped perfectionist to a bold and boundaried badass? Um, yeah. I think it is!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
You in on this FREE badassery yet? You are officially invited to my super exclusive/inclusive, [grin] Facebook group, The Joy Junkie After Hours Club!
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!