Ever find yourself reaching out to someone or something that you know isn’t in your best interest but you can’t seem to stop yourself from doing so? Maybe it’s having a few too many drinks when you’ve been trying to quit or reaching out to an ex who is beyond bad for you. Or maybe you’ve found yourself so stressed out over your intimate relationship that you’ve thrown yourself into work so you don’t have to address the sadness and isolation you feel in your relationship.
What do all of these scenarios have in common?
The Oxford Dictionary defines emotional intelligence as “the capacity to be aware of, control, and express one’s emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.”
Whew – great. I’ll get right on that, amiright!?
Listen, if you’re like many of us, you didn’t grow up learning how to emote freely and express the depths of your feelings without some kind of negative repercussion. Which leads to plenty of adults feeling all the feels but having no idea how to express them (thanks, Mom) and subsequently turning to booze, sex, over-working, busyness, people-pleasing, or some other behavior in hopes of quelling uncomfortable emotions.
In this episode, I look at the myriad of ways our emotions impact our lives, how to acknowledge the behaviors you typically turn to in order to shut off uncomfortable emotions, and how you can start heightening your emotional intelligence. So, you can be like, happy n’ shit.
This pod explores:
- How your beliefs about emotions are formed as a young child (And, how that controls your life now)
- How to view your emotions as “messaging” and find the solution in each situation
- How to examine your unwanted behaviors (people-pleasing, perfectionism, over-working, numbing out) and find the emotional link. Because… healing.
- How to start processing instead of reacting
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
Is this the year you go from a people-pleasing, guilt-tripped perfectionist to a bold and boundaried badass? Um, yeah. I think it is!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
You in on this FREE badassery yet? You are officially invited to my super exclusive/inclusive, [grin] Facebook group, The Joy Junkie After Hours Club!
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Anti-Racism Education Series – I am planning on creating a special series with anti-racism activists and leaders to better educate our community on steps we can take in order to be better and do better. Let me know where you have been feeling stuck, what knowledge you are hungry for, and what topics you are interested in.
- POD #288 – Dealing with Loneliness
- POD #338 – The *Real* Reasons You’re Mad + Sad, Part 1
- POD #339 – The *Real* Reasons You’re Mad + Sad, Part 2
- Brené on Anxiety, Calm + Over/Under-Functioning
- Guys, We Have A Problem: How American Masculinity Creates Lonely Men
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!