Iheard something pretty profound recently – Something that shocked the shit out of me, if I’m honest. I was watching a TikTok video where a Naturopathic Doctor was discussing the three things related to hormones she intends to teach her daughter when she grows up. You know what number one was? She said, “I’m going to be sure she knows that painful periods are NOT NORMAL.” Wait, what!? As I began to scour this woman’s vids, I started to see a trend… many of the symptoms I experience around my period or even in my everyday life are actually totally treatable. In fact, this doc tends to see her patients dramatically (if not permanently) eradicate their symptoms in just 2-3 menstrual cycles. WHOA.
So, of course, I’m all perked up and listening. And, I’m thinking, I need to get this woman on the podcast! This is shit that every woman needs to know. You can see where I’m going with this. This week on the show, I’m dialing up Dr. Saru Bala who spills the details on all things woman’s hormone health. We talk about the importance of gut health (and what-the-hell that even means) on the female hormonal system, how to know if you have excessive bleeding during your cycle, and what discomfort is normal for your period… and what absolutely is not. As in… you shouldn’t have to call out sick to work.
Oh, AND… If you’ve gotten aaaaaall the lab work done and it keeps coming back “normal,” yet you feel like shit, you won’t want to miss this episode. We discuss how blood work is only a fraction of what needs to be addressed, how stress factors into the equation, and Dr. Saru’s favorite 3-step process to lessen your stress instantly. Don’t miss this one, my friend!
This pod explores:
- The absolute first place to start if you have a litany of symptoms, are overstressed, under-rested, and dying for solutions
- Understanding gut health and how it is related to your hormones and periods
- Dr. Saru’s favorite (FREE!) breathwork app to immediately improve your sleep hygiene
- Understanding the effect of blood sugar on your mood
- How to know if an alternative healing practitioner is the real deal
HIRE ME TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT!
ACCESS ‘ENOUGHNESS’. POWERFULLY NAVIGATE FEAR. SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF.
I have three battle-tested (and badass) keynote speeches that are ready to be delivered to your company, organization, group, or association. If you or anyone you know could benefit from me droppin’ some gems (um, like, who couldn’t use some new tools?) please send them to THIS FANCY INFO PAGE on my site where you/they can message me directly about specific needs.
PERKS FOR THE POD-IENCE
This podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp and The Bold-Faced Truth Podcast listeners get 10% off their first month at betterhelp.com/boldtruth or simply enter code boldtruth at checkout. Hello!!
Join the millions of people who have found huge relief and support from BetterHelp therapists and save on your first month while you’re at it! Check it out ~>
THIS WEEK’S ‘DIAL AN EXPERT’ GUESTIE
Dr. Bala is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor with a degree from Bastyr University in Seattle, Washington. Prior to attending medical school, she received her Bachelor’s degree in Neurobiology from the University of Texas at Austin. She has done extra training in the areas of women’s health and naturopathic endocrinology. Currently, her primary focus is on managing chronic hormonal issues such as PMS, period pain, heavy bleeding, fibroids, endometriosis, Hashimoto’s, fertility, and other women’s hormonal health concerns.
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!