If you’ve been hanging out with me for any length of time, you are likely a person who gives a shit about growing and developing and becoming the person you truly want to be. But, what does that actually look like? What does it really mean to actively work toward a more evolved version of yourself? What if you are so stuck in a cycle of working, taking care of everyone else, putting out fires, rinse, repeat and have no idea what you actually enjoy or really want?
It can be so easy to get into a tornado of a career/work life and forget what you even like to do for fun. Or maybe you threw yourself into raising children and in between diaper changes and college tours, you forgot what you’re really passionate about. It’s not uncommon to get to a place in your life where you feel like your entire identity is wrapped up in one major area of your life. And then you’re like, “No wonder I’m not happy… I have no idea who I am and what I like anymore!”
On this week’s show, I dial up my pal, Sara Dean, a mindset and leadership coach who, following the birth of her son, rebuilt her own identity one step at a time. She is passionate about helping women own their space and embrace all of who they are… even if they aren’t sure where to start. In this discussion, we break down where we tend to lose who we are and we also dig into Sara’s easy-to-implement steps you can take to uncover who you want to be.
This pod explores:
- Sara’s two-prong approach of “Frequency and Recency” and how you can use them to become more of the person you want to be
- How to own your personal superpower even if you are feeling lost, stuck, and have no idea what you want
- What it looks like to stop waiting for permission and how to ask for support instead
- How to examine what kind of evidence you are collecting and if that is helping or hurting you from becoming the person you want to be
HIRE ME TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT!
ACCESS ‘ENOUGHNESS’. POWERFULLY NAVIGATE FEAR. SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF.
I have three battle-tested (and badass) keynote speeches that are ready to be delivered to your company, organization, group, or association. If you or anyone you know could benefit from me droppin’ some gems (um, like, who couldn’t use some new tools?) please send them to THIS FANCY INFO PAGE on my site where you/they can message me directly about specific needs.
PERKS FOR THE POD-IENCE
This podcast is sponsored by LetsGetChecked and The Bold-Faced Truth Podcast listeners get a whoppin’ 30% off their first test kit of choice at tryglc.com/boldtruth or simply enter code boldtruth at checkout. Hello!!
Getting necessary medical testing can be simple, safe, and easily done in the privacy of your own home. Check out this killer offer from
LetsGetChecked and save 30% on your first test kit! Check it out ~>
- POD #439: Exploring Love Addiction And Attachment Styles With Giovanna Capozza
- POD #440: Working With Your Inner Child + Attracting Love With Veronica Grant
- POD #441: What To Do When You Are Desiring Intimacy But Fearing Vulnerability
- POD #442: Understanding + Cultivating Intimacy With Allana Pratt
THIS WEEK’S ‘DIAL AN EXPERT’ GUESTIE
Sara Dean is a mindset, business and leadership coach. She is also the creator and host of the Shameless Mom Academy Podcast, a top rated podcast with 4 million downloads. Sara’s biggest passion is helping women own their space. After enduring her own identity crisis following the birth of her son, Sara took her background in psychology/health/ wellness and rebuilt her identity, one step at a time. Sara motivates and inspires women to stop shrinking and start shining. She is on a mission to inspire women and moms, in particular, to live bigger, bolder, braver #everydamnday.
Sara serves women through her podcast, her thriving Momentum Mamas membership community, her Tenacious Mamas business & leadership mastermind and her annual event, Shameless Mom Con.
When she’s not supporting Shameless Moms, you’ll find Sara with her husband and 9 year old son – building Legos and pretending to understand Minecraft.
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!