Ever find yourself desiring deep, rich connections with your partner or your friends and family but have a hellova time letting your guard down? Maybe you even find yourself craving deep intimacy but you’re absolutely terrified to really “be seen”. I mean, isn’t it just safer to stay walled up? Well… if the other party was vulnerable first… maybe then it would be safe. Maybe. Why is it so damn hard to be vulnerable?
If you’ve found your mind spinning with the same questions, you are certainly not the exception. Many of us crave rich, soulful connections with our loved ones, but we’re absolutely paralyzed by fear of being vulnerable. So we put up massive walls, don’t let people in, and then wonder why we don’t have intimacy.
In this episode, I dig into the detrimental notions we’re inundated within our culture, how it sends major mixed messages about vulnerability, and why you need to drastically change the narrative if you want to experience intimacy in your relationships. And guess what? You get to take as many baby steps as you need to feel safe. Promise.
This pod explores:
- How our society shapes our views of safety in relationships (And how that isn’t doing you any favors)
- Challenging the notion that vulnerability equals weakness, when in reality vulnerability equals courage
- The three simplest ways to gradually and lovingly step into vulnerability (without feeling like you might die)
- The real cost of not allowing room for vulnerability in your life
HIRE ME TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT!
ACCESS ‘ENOUGHNESS’. POWERFULLY NAVIGATE FEAR. SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF.
I have three battle-tested (and badass) keynote speeches that are ready to be delivered to your company, organization, group, or association. If you or anyone you know could benefit from me droppin’ some gems (um, like, who couldn’t use some new tools?) please send them to THIS FANCY INFO PAGE on my site where you/they can message me directly about specific needs.
PERKS FOR THE POD-IENCE
This podcast is sponsored by LetsGetChecked and The Bold-Faced Truth Podcast listeners get a whoppin’ 30% off their first test kit of choice at tryglc.com/boldtruth or simply enter code boldtruth at checkout. Hello!!
Getting necessary medical testing can be simple, safe, and easily done in the privacy of your own home. Check out this killer offer from
LetsGetChecked and save 30% on your first test kit! Check it out ~>
- POD #440: Working With Your Inner Child + Attracting Love With Veronica Grant
- You Are Your Best Thing: Vulnerability, Shame Resilience, and the Black Experience, by Tarana Burke, Brené Brown, et al.
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!