Even though the holiday season is supposed to be all merry and bright and full of glad tidings, it’s quite certain that you’ve found yourself engaged with total overwhelm, buckling from the stress, and dangerously approaching burnout. Although fun and festive, it can take a sheer act of god to keep you from losing your ever-lovin’ mind during the chaos of this time of year, amiright!?
If it’s not the multitude of gifts to buy or the food to prep, then it’s surely the family drama or workplace obligations that bring you to your breaking point. And while you’re spending money on shit you don’t want to buy or baking food for people you don’t even enjoy very much, you find yourself wondering why the fuck peace on earth has eluded you. But, lord help you if you don’t show up to the office party with the secret santa gift or all hell might break loose if you tell the in-laws you can’t make it this year.
If you have found yourself overloaded by holiday stress and obligations, get ready for a huge sigh of relief. On this week’s show, I sound off on six things you can start doing immediately to relinquish all the holiday overwhelm and chaos so you can actually enjoy the things about this time of year that truly mean the most to you.
This pod explores:
- How your attachment to things being P E R F E C T may be causing you unnecessary stress and overwhelm
- My favorite tool to figure out exactly how (and with whom) I want to spend my time and energy
- How to decline unwanted invitations with the utmost grace and kindness… because you need some downtime, Babycakes!
- How to not get sucked into other people’s holiday stress and obligations
PERKS FOR THE POD-IANCE
This podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp and The Joy Junkie Show Podcast listeners get 10% off their first month at BetterHelp.com/thejoyjunkie. Hello!!
Join the millions of people who have found huge relief and support from BetterHelp therapists and save on your first while you’re at it! Check it out ~>
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle, Emily Nagoski PhD and Amelia Nagoski, DMA
- POD #227: How to Say “No” (And Not Feel Guilty)
- POD #277: 5 Ways to Gain More Peace
- POD #344: What Self-Care Really Means
- POD #418: How to NOT Lose Your Shit with Your Family this Holiday Season
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!