Tell me if this sounds familiar: Your partner/bestie/boss/mom says something snarky and you immediately make it all your fault and assume that you MUST have done something horribly wrong. And then, without asking for any type of clarity, you just stew on it, ruminating, and make up all sorts of stories about what that other person is thinking and how you must clearly be a total asshat.
The tendency to self-blame around every corner is actually far more common than you may think. Even though you are perpetually making it “all about you” (even if it’s in your own mind), doesn’t necessarily mean that you are a narcissist or purposely trying to take the blame for everything.
In this week’s episode, I discuss a multitude of reasons your knee-jerk reaction may be to self-blame (aka I must have done something wrong!!), four steps to dealing with this habit, and how to let go of some of this shit that is soooo not your responsibility.
This pod explores:
- Why you tend to think that it’s all your fault, you must have done something wrong, and surely *that person* is pissed at you
- My four-step process to breaking down your self-blame so you can have richer connections with people and you know… not hate yourself
- My absolute favorite tool that immediately snaps you out of blaming yourself (and it’s soooo easy)
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
Is this the year you go from a people-pleasing, guilt-tripped perfectionist to a bold and boundaried badass? Um, yeah. I think it is!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
You in on this FREE badassery yet? You are officially invited to my super exclusive/inclusive, [grin] Facebook group, The Joy Junkie After Hours Club!
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Help Not Another Self-Help Pod get adopted!
- Grab your FREE Anxiety + Fear Hypnosis Meditation
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #148: What It Really Means To Forgive Yourself
- POD#289: Forgiving Others – Especially When They Don’t Deserve It
- POD#294: Super Simple Confidence Hacks
- POD#320: 7 Ways To Kick Your Self-confidence Into High Gear
- POD#330: Accessing “Enoughness”: Believing You Are Worthy
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!