YYou walk into work, totally optimistic about your day, and you give your co-worker a casual ‘How-ya-doin’-today?’ She responds with her usual quip about how she’s ‘alright-I-guess’ but immediately launches into complaining about her neighbor/workload/recent ailment.
Or maybe it’s every time you give your sister a ring on the phone. You ask how she’s doing. She starts off with all the problems… all the things that are shitty… or all the reason’s she’s a total victim. And you’re over here like, “Why is everyone so damn negative!?”
It can sometimes feel like it will take a sheer act of god to stay positive around negative people. It tends to be a much more difficult endeavor to get others to join your positivity movement than to simply indulge and comply with their complaints, ho-humery, or victim mentality.
So, what’s a personal development junkie to do when around such negativity? Just cut those people out entirely? But, what if they’re co-workers? I can’t just quit my job! And, what if they are The Fam? Not to worry, my love. In this episode, I discuss 7 tactics you can use to keep your sanity around Debbie/Danny Downer without feeling like an elitist asshole.
This pod explores:
- The first (and often overlooked) step you have to take to begin weeding out the non-joy-junkies
- My favorite way to “prep” for being around negative people so you can stay chill, calm, and happy
- How to “call-out” Negative Nancy/Norman without creating a huge, awkward-ass moment
- Conversation hacks and questions to use when you know you’re going to be around negative peeps
INTERESTED IN DEEP, DOWN + DIRTY?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re serious about creating lasting and powerful change in your life, I urge you to read all about Deep, Down + Dirty and see if it’s just the ass kicking you may be needing.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get aaaaaall the info. #yourewelcome
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Get on the Deep, Down + Dirty VIP list!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #121 – When Someone You Love is Always a Victim
- POD #200 – What No One Ever Taught You about Boundaries
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!