Recently, a listener wrote in to the show asking how to handle being called “a manipulator” by her partner when she is pretty sure she isn’t one. I mean… how does one know if one is a manipulator? Perhaps you have come up against similar communication barriers with your partner. Maybe you haven’t been called “a manipulator” per se, but perhaps you’ve been accused of “nothing ever being good enough” or “always trying to change me”. Most of the time, what the two of you are up against is a serious disconnect in communication… and listening to one another. Have a listen and learn the difference between straight-up manipulation and an un-intentional breakdown in communication.
This pod explores:
- The number one factor to look for in order to figure out if your partner is a manipulator
- How your unsolicited advice is likely killing the communication in your partnership
- How to figure out if your intention is pure (Hint: It usually is, it’s just expressed poorly)
- EXACT phrasing to use to approach challenging topics with your partner without coming across bossy, forceful, or manipulative
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Pod #185 – Learning to Trust When You Reeeeally Don’t Want to
- Pod #172 – Vulnerability: Why It’s Scary as Shit, Why You Need It, and Where to Start
- Pod #186 – Help! My Partner & I Have Totally Different Dreams & Goals
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!