One. More. Thing. One more thing and you may just lose your god-damn mind. If one more person asks something of you… If one more task gets added to your to-do list… You may just Lose. Your. Shit.
We’ve all been in this crazy-ass-stressed-the-fuck-out place where we become, uh-hem, a little less than the best version of ourselves. We scream at our kids when they need something minimal. We lash out at our spouse, or friend, or co-worker when they are just trying to help. In essence, we become somewhat addicted to being super stressed out and overwhelmed.
Here’s the unique thing about navigating modern stressors… When our primitive ancestors were dealing with some kind of threat, let’s say a lion, they would have a sharp spike of stress, handle the stressful situation (escape the lion) and then easily be able to access a calm, tranquil space. In essence, they were able to complete the entire stress response cycle. But now we are in many stressful situations that simply don’t stop. #helloCovid Whether it be traffic, dealing with a high-demand job, feeling threatened in your interpersonal relationships, or being stressed out about the state of the world, it’s highly likely that you’ve been existing in your sympathetic nervous system which our bodies respond to like we’re constantly running from lions. It’s basically really, really fucking detrimental to our nervous systems.
If this sounds like I have a hidden camera installed in your place, you need to have a listen to this week’s pod. BTW, no camera (#creepy)… I’ve just been in this place far too many times to count. And in this episode, I discuss what spikes our stress response and share 11+ simple things you can do to let go of the overwhelm, stress, and mortal combat that may be driving you to the brink of insanity. Say hello to some serious peace, tranquility, and happy dances.
This pod explores:
- How people-pleasing is adding a shit-ton of stress to your life and what to do about it
- 11+ easy ways to immediately relieve your stress
- My P.O.D. method for navigating extreme overwhelm
- How to start asking for help… even if you really hate asking for help. And how that can be a fierce act of feminism.
HIRE ME TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT!
ACCESS ‘ENOUGHNESS’. POWERFULLY NAVIGATE FEAR. SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF.
I have three battle-tested (and badass) keynote speeches that are ready to be delivered to your company, organization, group, or association. If you or anyone you know could benefit from me droppin’ some gems (um, like, who couldn’t use some new tools?) please send them to THIS FANCY INFO PAGE on my site where you/they can message me directly about specific needs.
PERKS FOR THE POD-IENCE
This podcast is sponsored by LetsGetChecked and The Bold-Faced Truth Podcast listeners get a whoppin’ 30% off their first test kit of choice at trylgc.com/boldtruth or simply enter code boldtruth at checkout. Hello!!
Getting necessary medical testing can be simple, safe, and easily done in the privacy of your own home. Check out this killer offer from LetsGetChecked and save 30% on your first test kit! Check it out ~>
- Come As You Are: Revised and Updated: The Surprising New Science That Will Transform Your Sex Life, Emily Nagoski PhD
- POD #227: “NO”vember: How To Say “No” (And Not Feel Guilty)
- Burnout:The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle, Emily Nagoski, Amelia Nagoski
- Video: Burnout: The secret to solving the stress cycle, Emily and Amelia Nagoski
- POD #359: Necessary Rest: What It Means To Truly Restore
- POD #372: Primitive Fear To Modern Anxiety: Understanding The Four Modern Fear Responses
- POD #423: Navigating Patriarchy Stress Disorder with Dr. Valerie Rein
- POD #434: [Dial An Expert] Understanding And Navigating Stress With Dr. Mariza Snyder
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!