So, you consciously “know” that you should allow room to feel your emotions and cultivate vulnerability (Hi, Brené!) but why don’t you actually practice accessing your emotional self? I’ll tell you why. Logic, reason, and rationale are housed in the conscious part of the mind which is estimated to be roughly 10% of the mind power. Your beliefs and habits, however, are located in the subconscious mind which is the other whoppin’ 90%. That means that simply “knowing” that emotional intelligence is mandatory for rich connections doesn’t negate the fact that there is likely a HUGE disempowering belief hanging out in the subconscious telling you how dangerous and scary emotions are. That disempowering belief will win every time.
But all is not lost my friend. There are a handful of ways to access and shift the beliefs of the subconscious mind and one of my absolute favorite methods is via hypnosis. In this episode, I share a bit about what hypnosis is, how it works, what sensory preference is and why it matters, and finally how hypnosis can be a powerful aid in shifting negative beliefs you may hold about shutting down the feels. After a brief explanation, I guide you through a powerful hypnosis session to help you unlock the negative beliefs you’ve been attached to around your *feels*.
This pod explores:
- What hypnosis actually is (as in, what is really happening in the brain) and what it is not (It’s not clucking like a chicken, FYI)
- What hypnosis has to do with the inner critic and how you can use it to kick your inner critic in the ass
- How you go into hypnotic trances daily without even knowing it
- How to shift your belief that emotions are dangerous and in turn, allow room to grow your emo self
FREE HYPNOSIS MEDITATION
READY TO UNLOCK YOUR EMOTIONAL POWER SO YOU CAN SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF LIKE A BOSS?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re like most people, it’s likely no one sat you down and taught you about how to feel your feels, how to allow yourself to feel emotions other than happiness, and how to speak up for yourself around your feelings.
Well, never fear, my friend. The great news is that you can learn how to embrace your emotional side in a way that feels powerful and um, not like you’re standing naked in front of a room full of strangers. #nothankyou
This powerful hypnosis track will help you give yourself permission to access your emotional self so that you can have richer relationships and much more powerful and effective communication. Get into it! GO HERE to grab your copy!
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Free Hypno Track on Fear + Anxiety
- POD #387: Hypnosis Track to Combat Imposter Complex
- POD #425 [TOOL] Working with the Subconscious Mind (and Superconscious Mind) with Laura Gevanter
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!