On April 15, 2013, Jennifer Kauffman was standing approximately 15 feet from the finish line bombing at the 117th Boston Marathon. It goes without saying that surviving this terrorist attack left Jennifer with a litany of physical and emotional wounds to tend to. After addressing the emergent physical healing, Jennifer was left emotionally reeling from this event as she grappled with her extreme rage toward the attackers.
As she moved through her emotional healing, and began to find her peace, she felt convicted to share her story with the intention of inspiring others. As a best selling author and an executive producer of two Emmy award-winning movies, she is on a mission to inspire, encourage and empower people to rise despite seemingly impossible situations, transforming their trauma, enabling them to rise and thrive to live their best life. Talk about inspiring.
In this candid and unabashed interview, Jennifer shares her personal story, including reading her victim impact statement at the sentencing, and how she was able to move through her all-consuming rage to access forgiveness for the bombers. What!!? I know. Have a listen and learn what it looks like to transform your trauma into personal power.
This pod explores:
- How Jennifer managed to forgive the two terrorists of the Boston Marathon Bombing
- How to process extreme rage around injustice and trauma and synthesize it into healing
- What to do to process your emotions when you feel triggered
- The big secret that no one tells you about healing from trauma
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- POD #346 When New Trauma (aka Pandemic) Kicks Up Old Trauma + What To Do
- POD #423: Navigating Patriarchy Stress Disorder with Dr. Valerie Rein
- On Grief and Grieving: Finding the Meaning of Grief Through the 5 Stages of Loss by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
THIS WEEK’S ‘DIAL AN EXPERT’ GUESTIE
Jennifer Kauffman is the Director and Producer of the transformational movie, There’s Got To Be More To Life, based on a true story of Jennifer’s journey of rising up from terrorism and childhood traumas where she went from barely surviving to thriving. She’s an Executive Producer of 2 Emmy and Telly award winning films, A New Leash on Life: The K9’s for Warriors Story and Freedom Isn’t Free: The Folds of Honor Story. She’s an inspirational speaker, best-selling author, award-winning results coach and founder of The Rise & Thrive Movement.
Through Transformational Movies, Jen is on a mission to inspire, encourage and empower people to rise despite seemingly impossible situations, transforming their trauma, enabling them to rise and thrive to live their best life.
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!