Sometimes it can be “noble” go-to behaviors like over-working, throwing yourself into parenting, or working out like Jillian on crack instead of really looking at what it is that you don’t want to feel. And perhaps you have some not-so-noble behaviors like blaming everyone else (like your ex) or binging out on some Ben n’ Jerry’s or drinking a bottle of wine all by yourself… simply because being with the guilt/self-loathing/embarrassment/grief/overwhelm/sadness, just feels waaaaaay too unbearable.
If any of that sounds eerily familiar, no need to bust out more Bn’J’s or start a new business to distract yourself… In fact, it just means that you’re fucking human. And just like most human behavior, the more you understand it and have compassion for it, the more you can create empowering change. In this week’s episode I’m joined by my bestie (and total badass) Andrea Owen where we discuss how to identify your go-to, self-sabotaging behaviors and how you can start altering them for the better.
This pod explores:
- How to figure out what your go-to, self-sabotaging behaviors are (including some you may be shocked by!)
- What the 80/20 rule is an how it applies to dealing with uncomfortable emotions
- How blame and control tend to be easy go-to’s when you’re overwhelmed/stressed/pissed and how to channel (not squash) that energy for the better
- Why you MUST embrace self-sabotage if you ever want to create change
THE EVENT MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
YOU CAN SNAG ALL THE LATEST IN FREE GOODS BY CLICKING HERE.
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Episode #136 of Andrea’s Podcast where I’m a guest and we chat about a specific listener’s request for help around ending emotional affairs – Listener Q+A on Affairs, Intimacy, + More
- Pod #189 – Combating “All or Nothing” Thinking
- Pod #151 – Letting Go of Blame
- Facebook Video I mentioned about our natural inclinations as humans to do everything we can to avoid pain, including painful emotions
- Although not mentioned in this episode, you may also enjoy Andrea’s podcast episode discussing how she was able to stay sober amidst the overwhelming grief of losing her father… Another great example of allowing room to feel and still being conscious about choice of behavior
Meet Andrea Owen, The Special Guestie this week!
Andrea Owen is an author, mentor, and certified life coach who helps women get what they want by letting go of perfectionism, control, and isolation and choosing to practice courage instead. She has helped thousands of women manage their inner-critic to create loving connections and live their most kick-ass life.
She is the proud author of 52 Ways to Live a Kick-Ass Life: BS Free Wisdom to Ignite Your Inner Badass and Live the Life You Deserve, (Adams Media).
When she’s not juggling her full coaching practice and writing her second book, Andrea is busy competing in triathlons, chasing her 7 year-old son and 5 year-old daughter or making out with her husband, Jason. She is also a retired roller derby player having skated under the name “Veronica Vain”.
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!