We all want to consider ourselves honest people, but when it comes down to it, we spend quite a bit of time avoiding, fibbing, and sugar-coating our true thoughts and feelings out of fear of what others may think or say. Don’t get me wrong-I don’t think for one minute you’re intentionally lying to everyone (or to yourself), but more often than not, you’ve bought into the fallacy that you must take care of everyone’s response which may leave you less than truthful.
The first item of business is shining a light on where you may be skipping the truth in order to “not rock the boat”, “open a can of worms”, or whatever other bullshit is keeping you silent. In this episode, I look at six super common ways we tend to lie our faces off… both to others and to ourselves and um… you likely have noooo idea you’re even doing it. If you struggle with how to speak up for yourself and often tell a little fib instead, you’ll want to tune in. Have a little listen and see if there is room for you to be a bit more honest.
This pod explores:
- Why we tend to lie when people request things of us (I mean, you just could never let them down!!!)
- Why saying “nothing’s wrong” is like saying “what I’m feeling doesn’t matter” and what to say instead
- How you have been lying to yourself about your worthiness and how to switch it up
- My favorite tool to identify just how much power you really have
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #227: How to Say “No” to People
- POD #335: True or False: People-Pleasing Edition
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!