Ever wonder what it really takes to maintain happiness in a long-term relationship? I mean… don’t passions just naturally fizzle and fade for every couple? Aren’t happy couples just for fairy tales and movie magic?
Think about it… It’s HIGHLY likely you know very few couples who have been together for a long period of time who actually still really like each other. I believe there is a reason for that. For many of us, there has never been a handy manual on how-the-hell to communicate, get your needs met, or work on vulnerability. Amiright? Most of what we learn is from whatever example we received from our parents (ugh!), our media, or our life experience which often leave us floundering inside relationships wondering what-the-hell our problem is
Bottom line: It’s totally possible to have a long-term, happy relationship. You just need to know HOW. It’s likely you’ve simply never been taught. In this episode (part 2 of 2), Mr. Smith and I dig into 4 more components we’ve employed in our marriage to keep us connected, thriving, and happy. And guess what? It’s not rocket science, only for the “lucky” ones, or involving tons of time and money. Chances are you can do things TODAY that can radically change the dynamic of your relationship.
This pod explores:
- How those walls you have built up are doing nothing for your intimacy
- What it really looks like to communicate effectively with your partner
- How we (Mr. Smith and I) have unconventionally approached the management of our household and why it creates so much harmony for us
- How to create shared meaning through traditions and rituals
HIRE ME TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT!
ACCESS ‘ENOUGHNESS’. POWERFULLY NAVIGATE FEAR. SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF.
I have three battle-tested (and badass) keynote speeches that are ready to be delivered to your company, organization, group, or association. If you or anyone you know could benefit from me droppin’ some gems (um, like, who couldn’t use some new tools?) please send them to THIS FANCY INFO PAGE on my site where you/they can message me directly about specific needs.
PERKS FOR THE POD-IENCE
This podcast is sponsored by LetsGetChecked and The Bold-Faced Truth Podcast listeners get a whoppin’ 30% off their first test kit of choice at trylgc.com/boldtruth or simply enter code boldtruth at checkout. Hello!!
Getting necessary medical testing can be simple, safe, and easily done in the privacy of your own home. Check out this killer offer from
LetsGetChecked and save 30% on your first test kit! Check it out ~>
- POD #441: What to Do When You are Desiring Intimacy but Fearing Vulnerability
- POD #451: Breaking Unhealthy Relationship Patterns + Making Marriage Work With Figs O’Sullivan
- POD #452: Keeping Love Alive – A Peek Inside Our Relationship, Part 1
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!