In the nearly fifteen years I’ve been working in the personal development space, I have to say that one of the most recurring challenges I see women face is reckoning with changes in their bodies and what that means for their sense of self-worth. Unless you were magically able to escape the messages we are inundated with in our patriarchal society, it’s likely that you’ve had to navigate the constant, relentless, and radically unforgiving demand placed on our bodies to be perfect.
And, Honey, I am certainly not exempt. In recent years, I’ve personally delved into learning more about how our notions of beauty have come to pass, how “Big Diet” ensures we all hate our bodies, and the truth about fatness and health. I am certainly no expert, but it has become abundantly clear that there are billion dollar industries profiting off our insecurities. And, many of them invent new insecurities for us. How generous.
In this episode, I look at some things you can actually DO, both internally and externally, to start cultivating a more loving relationship with your body. I also share some scripts of specific phrases you can say when you find yourself dealing with your bestie yammering about their new diet or if your aunt keeps making comments about your body at the family dinner. If you’ve struggled to know what action you can take to feel more comfortable in your skin, you’ll definitely want a listen. Grab a pen and paper because this one is loaded with tangible action steps and resources.
This pod explores:
- Analyzing what you are consuming on a daily basis and how that influences how you feel about your body (Like, what ads you do constantly see on social media?)
- How commenting on people’s bodies (even if you don’t know them or don’t really like them) can be a huge step backward for your body love journey
- Some of my favorite activities to generate a more loving relationship with your body
- A handful of scripts to shutdown inappropriate or offensive comments about your body, other people’s bodies, or diet culture altogether
HIRE ME TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT!
ACCESS ‘ENOUGHNESS’. POWERFULLY NAVIGATE FEAR. SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF.
I have three battle-tested (and badass) keynote speeches that are ready to be delivered to your company, organization, group, or association. If you or anyone you know could benefit from me droppin’ some gems (um, like, who couldn’t use some new tools?) please send them to THIS FANCY INFO PAGE on my site where you/they can message me directly about specific needs.
PERKS FOR THE POD-IENCE
This podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp and The Bold-Faced Truth Podcast listeners get 10% off their first month at betterhelp.com/boldtruth or simply enter code boldtruth at checkout. Hello!!
Join the millions of people who have found huge relief and support from BetterHelp therapists and save on your first month while you’re at it! Check it out ~>
- POD #436″ [Dial An Expert] The Truth About Body Positivity With Dr. Lexie Kite
- POD #437: [Dial An Expert] Understanding Body Love And Body Image With Summer Innanen
- More Than a Body: Your Body Is an Instrument, Not an Ornament by Drs. Lexie and Lindsay Kite
- The Body Is Not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love by Sonya Renee Taylor
- The Maintenance Phase Podcast
- HannaTalksBodies on TikTok
- Lizzo on Instagram
- Meg Boggs on Instagram
- Good News Movement on Instagram
- Smartless: “Halle Berry”
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!