Many times when you are feeling either physical or emotional discomfort, it’s a huge indication that there is a need you have that isn’t being met. For example, let’s say you’ve been feeling a sense of sadness, disconnection, and loneliness and when you dig a bit deeper behind that emotion, you realize you’ve really been needing connection and belonging. Time to reach out to the bestie you haven’t talked to in awhile.
Or maybe you’ve noticed that your workplace leaves you constantly stressed out, overwhelmed, and feeling discouraged. When you look behind those emotions, you realize that you have desperately been needing acknowledgment, rest, and ease. Time to schedule some time off or talk to the boss about lessening your workload.
Many times when we feel discomfort, we simply leave it at that and just complain. We bitch about hating Covid but fail to notice our need for connection being stepped on. Or we rant about our stupid boss and our stupid job, but don’t take time to notice the needs that deserve attention. But, when we are able to dig behind the discomfort and truly honor what we are needing, we can better take a stand and articulate exactly what we need – Instead of blaming, resenting, and stewing.
In this week’s show, I take a deep-dive into Abraham Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and how it can serve as a great blueprint to evaluate the areas of your life that need attention. If you have been having a slew of uncomfortable emotions lately, but you’re not super clear what to actually DO about it, this episode will give you a world of insight. Be prepared to create your own personal hierarchy so you can, you know, actually get what you want… and need.
This pod explores:
- The tell-tale sign that always indicates a need of yours isn’t being met
- A breakdown of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and how it applies to your life (especially the areas you aren’t so happy about)
- How to figure out if you’re paying too much attention to your “material” needs and neglecting your “psychological” needs
- The negative effects of ignoring your Belonging Needs (it’s like, super bad)
HIRE ME TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT!
ACCESS ‘ENOUGHNESS’. POWERFULLY NAVIGATE FEAR. SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF.
I have three battle-tested (and badass) keynote speeches that are ready to be delivered to your company, organization, group, or association. If you or anyone you know could benefit from me droppin’ some gems (um, like, who couldn’t use some new tools?) please send them to THIS FANCY INFO PAGE on my site where you/they can message me directly about specific needs.
PERKS FOR THE POD-IENCE
This podcast is sponsored by LetsGetChecked and The Bold-Faced Truth Podcast listeners get a whoppin’ 30% off their first test kit of choice at tryglc.com/boldtruth or simply enter code boldtruth at checkout. Hello!!
Getting necessary medical testing can be simple, safe, and easily done in the privacy of your own home. Check out this killer offer from
LetsGetChecked and save 30% on your first test kit! Check it out ~>
- The School of Life
- NPR’s Hidden Brain Episode: Guys, We Have A Problem: How American Masculinity Creates Lonely Men
- POD #227: “No”Vember: How To Say “No” (And Not Feel Guilty)
- POD #262: I Thought I Already Dealt with This! Why Your Personal Development Journey is Never ‘Done’
- POD #357: 6 Ways To Start Speaking Up For Yourself Ep#357
- POD #396: [AMY SAYS] How-the-hell to Establish Lasting Boundaries EP#396
- POD #432: Honoring Your Needs (And What-The-Hell That Means) With Mara Glatzel
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!