Ever find yourself cruisin’ through Facebook, just minding your own business, and then BOOM! You see someone who is thinner than you posing in her bikini in her exotically sexy, annoying vaca pics and you instantly start comparing yourself to her. Or maybe it’s that one guy you used to work with sharing about his amazing work promotion for his new, totally awesome company, and your mind starts GOING OFF about how you just aren’t smart enough… not good enough… not accomplished enough. Just. Not. Enough.
Maybe it’s not even Facebook or Insta… although they can be BEASTS in the whole comparison thing. Maybe it’s your co-worker, your neighbor, your bestie, or even your spouse that you constantly compare yourself to. And it usually ends the same way… with you CONVINCED that you totally suck. How do I know? Oh, honey, because I have soooo been there. And you are certainly not alone.
In this week’s episode, I share four ways you can change how you address the comparison trap which will allow you to actually enjoy stalking out your nephew’s hilarious pics on Facebook instead of plummeting into self-hate.
This pod explores:
- How to catch yourself when you start “making up” what other people’s successes mean about you
- How to get to the root of what triggers you
- How to be sure you are setting yourself up for success by hanging out with the right peeps
- How to switch your focus so you feel empowered instead of feeling like shit
GET ON THE RETREAT VIP LIST!
Be the FIRST to hear about the extra discounts, bonuses, and secret offers!
Wanna hang out in real life? And learn how to establish boundaries? And gain serious self-confidence? And connect with like-minded badasses who are dying to be in your corner? And eat amazing food in a #gorge destination? Of course, you do!
At the beginning of November, I will open registration for a radically transformative, IN-PERSON retreat and if you’re like, “AMY!! Tell me first!” then, Love, I’ve gotchu.
This retreat focuses on truly believing you are ‘enough’ and will be a deep dive into confidence, boundaries, and forgiveness. But space will be super limited (only 10 available!) If you’d like to be the absolute FIRST to hear about all the early-bird steals and deals, be sure to get your ass on this little list right HERE or click the image to the right. Can’t wait to hug you #IRL!
PERKS FOR THE POD-IENCE
This podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp and The Bold-Faced Truth Podcast listeners get 10% off their first month at betterhelp.com/boldtruth or simply enter code boldtruth at checkout. Hello!!
Join the millions of people who have found huge relief and support from BetterHelp therapists and save on your first month while you’re at it! Check it out ~>
- POD #310 – 6 Steps to Dealing with Imposter Complex
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear, by Elizabeth Gilbert
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!