Perhaps you can identify with this idea. I mean… the last time you were unable to make it to an event, did you simply decline or did you give a lengthy explanation why you couldn’t make it? Or how ’bout over-explaining a decision you’ve made… like, not wanting kids or opting to be vegan or moving across the country or getting tattooed. Are you comfortable just stating that or do you feel the need to explain WHY you made those choices?
Listen, there are certainly going to be those people in your life who you love having convos with about the various choices you’ve made. And then… And then, there’s aaaaall those other instances where you really don’t want to get sucked into the 3rd degree about why you aren’t married yet. Amiright? In this episode, I’ll help you sort through where you tend to get sucked into the over-explaining trap, how to know if you really want to engage in the convo, and how to find some serious confidence in your choices, opinions, and stances.
This pod explores:
- How to identify where you tend to over-explain yourself (what triggers you)
- How to know when you actually do want to explain where you’re coming from, what choices you’ve made, or opinions you hold dear
- How to get out of answering questions you don’t have any interest in answering… without being an asshole about it
- The most common way people tend to over-explain themselves when it’s absolutely not necessary
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
Pod #015 – 10 Reasons Why We Don’t Want Kids
- Pod #097 – Child-free By Choice in a Child-Obsessed World
- Written Article – 10 Reasons Why I’m Not Having Kids
- Pod #095 – How to Stop Fucking Apologizing and Over-Explaining
- Pod #123 – #SorryNotSorry: When You’re Sorry Someone is Hurt, but Not Sorry for Your Actions
- “Bed Intruder” original newscast and remix featuring Youtube sensation, Antoine Dodson
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!