If that sounds at all familiar, you are in the same boat that many people find themselves in when they reach their 30s and 40s. You’ve grown as a person, your life has changed, and your priorities have shifted. But, you still feel tethered to this historical relationship that feels more like it’s robbing you dry than adding to your intimate connections.
A listener of the show wrote to the pod asking how to actually let go of one of these friendships. I mean, how do you go about breaking up with a friend? Is there an approach? How do you know if you’re being a big ‘ol meanie? If you’ve been pulled to part ways with a friendship, but have no idea what-the-hell that actually looks like, you may want to have a listen. I discuss 3 major concepts you need to keep in mind (you know, to keep your shit straight) and 2 specific methods you can take to actually pull the trigger on the “break up”.
This pod explores:
- How to tap into the “real” reason you’re looking to end the friendship
- How to get connected to the way you need to conduct yourself so you’re proud of your own behavior (even if the other person loses their shit)
- How to determine if there is any way the friendship can be salvaged
- Two specific methods to “break up” with this unfulfilling friendship
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
Is this the year you go from a people-pleasing, guilt-tripped perfectionist to a bold and boundaried badass? Um, yeah. I think it is!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
You in on this FREE badassery yet? You are officially invited to my super exclusive/inclusive, [grin] Facebook group, The Joy Junkie After Hours Club!
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Pod #112 – 5 Steps to Finding Dope-Ass Friendships
- Pod #129 – How to Have Tough Conversations Like a Badass
- Pod #153 – What it Really Means to Establish Boundaries
- A Case of the Mondays Clip from the movie Office Space
- Stop Trying to Make Fetch Happen Clip from the movie Mean Girls
- Clip from the SNL Sketch, Space, The Infinite Frontier: Dr. Kent Wahler, featuring Will Ferrell as Harry Caray
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!