Recently, a listener wrote into the show expressing a specific challenge she had been struggling with: Telling her super-sweet, well-meaning husband to STOP doing something. Something that was really kind and definitely from a place of love and adoration for her. I mean… she didn’t want to break his heart or seem ungrateful. So, does one just bite the tongue and grin and bear it? Not exactly.
When someone is an asshole, that’s one thing. At least they’re making your job easier. But, what do you do when you don’t want that second date with someone with the biggest heart? Or how do you tell your mom to stop buying something for your home that you really don’t need/want?
In this week’s show, I look at specific phrases and tactics to use when telling someone, “Um, thanks, but no thanks” without feeling like a big asshole. If you have always stayed silent because GOD FORBID you hurt someone’s feelings, this pod is a must-listen. We’ll look at exactly how to deliver your request with grace and kindness so that you are far more likely to get your needs met… without being riddled with guilt.
This pod explores:
- The number one thing you MUST avoid if you want to get your needs met
- Specific verbiage and phrases to use to gently request someone change their behavior
- How to use vulnerability in a safe way to help you connect with the other party (and get what you want)
- How to truly hear someone out without taking on shit that isn’t yours to carry
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
Is this the year you go from a people-pleasing, guilt-tripped perfectionist to a bold and boundaried badass? Um, yeah. I think it is!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
You in on this FREE badassery yet? You are officially invited to my super exclusive/inclusive, [grin] Facebook group, The Joy Junkie After Hours Club!
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Anti-Racism Education Series – I am planning on creating a special series with anti-racism activists and leaders to better educate our community on steps we can take in order to be better and do better. Let me know where you have been feeling stuck, what knowledge you are hungry for, and what topics you are interested in.
- POD #337: 5 Ways to Figure Out Your Boundaries
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!