If you’re like most people, you learned how to address conflict through a process of trial and error. Maybe it was just how your parents did things… just sweeping things under the rug or telling little white lies to make sure everyone else was happy.
And, then you get into your adult life and wonder why you are always pulled to tell lies about why you can’t make it to that one work event instead of simply saying that you have plans. Or maybe now there is a shit-ton of conflict in your relationship, but you keep telling everyone else about it… just not your spouse.
Listen, Love. If this is your sitch you are soooo not alone. It’s likely that you simply were never taught HOW to actually speak up for yourself and say what you really mean. In last week’s episode, I covered off 7 major communication habits we tend to fall into instead of simply saying what we really mean. In this week’s edition, I cover off what you can actually DO about those patterns so that you can truly stand up for yourself. With grace and kindness, of course.
This pod explores:
- The questions you MUST ask yourself when you feel pulled to write something off or “sweep it under the rug”
- How to use jokes and being passive aggressive as a gateway to actually say what you mean (this one is easy!)
- The best way to enter into a challenging convo so that the other person is waaaaay more likely to listen
- My favorite way to decline invites without being a big ‘ol liar (You can do this, I promise!)
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Grab your seat at my new workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Submit your burning Qs to me and Andrea at NotAnotherPod.com
- POD #227 – “NO”vember: How to Say “No” and NOT Feel Guilty
- POD #228 – How to Stop Apologizing and Over-Explaining
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!