Are you worthy of love? Yes. Of course. Absolutely.
But do you believe you are worthy of love? That’s an entirely different question altogether.
If you have ever questioned if you are lovable or deserving of love, you are amongst great company, my friend. Whether it be a rough example in your formidable years of what someone must be/do to deserve love or whether it be a challenging relationship that constantly made you doubt your worth, it is unbelievably common to adopt a disempowering belief that you are simply not worthy, not deserving of love.
And, our society certainly doesn’t do us any favors with the barrage of media images of the select few who are perfectly white, wealthy, straight, young, and thin who are clearly deserving of love but the rest of us? The rest of us might as well get used to the idea that “We’re not worthy” [Wayne + Garth voice]. And then we do our damnedest to FORCE others to love us. Maybe if we’re perfect or if we achieve enough or if we constantly make sure everyone else is happy, we’ll get some of this illusive love we’ve heard of.
If any of this feels a bit like a punch to the gut, then you definitely need to have a listen to this week’s show. I discuss what believing you are lovable IS, what it IS NOT, what gets in the way of attaining this belief, and how to actually start shifting it. Get you some.
This pod explores:
- The simple (but not necessarily easy) path to believing you are worthy of love
- Understanding how you developed the belief that you aren’t lovable in the first place (Hi, Family of Origin!) and what you can do to change it
- What’s at stake if you continue down a path of believing you aren’t lovable (Hint: Continuing to allow bullshit in your relationships is a part of it)
- Why actually *believing* you’re worthy IS NOT the first place to start when you intentionally shift your beliefs
WORTHY IN LOVE PODCAST TOUR
When she invited me to join her How to Actually Feel Worthy in Love Podcast Tour and give you an honest look at what it really takes to build a healthy relationship, I jumped at the chance to share with you all. I’m honored to be here, smack dab in between The Dating Den with Marni Batista and It’s Complicated with Jen and Lauren, two other badass podcasts a part of the tour.
If you’d like to hear all the episodes in the tour and follow along, you can register for free at veronicagrant.com/podtour
PERKS FOR THE POD-IANCE
This podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp and The Joy Junkie Show Podcast listeners get 10% off their first month at BetterHelp.com/thejoyjunkie. Hello!!
Join the millions of people who have found huge relief and support from BetterHelp therapists and save on your first while you’re at it! Check it out ~>
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!