So, your partner gives you a little nudge that *maybe* you could do something a bit differently and you Totally. Fly. Off. The. Handle. Or maybe your bestie gently suggests that you may want to try to actually DO something about the shit-job you are always complaining about and you completely chew him out. If you have a hard time with feedback (uh-hem, criticism), you are certainly not alone, my friend.
In fact, we are actually wired to defend ourselves if we feel attacked, so OF COURSE your knee-jerk reaction is to spout off reciprocal accusations and cast blame in the opposite direction. Listen, I’m not saying that your partner or your bestie is always in the right, but what I am saying is that it would likely serve you to dig a bit deeper and call yourself out on your shit.
How? I’m so glad you asked. In this week’s episode, I discuss what to look for when experiencing criticism from others, how to know if there is any validity, and how to not let the whole damn thing destroy you. Not that I would know anything about that… [she says snidely].
This pod explores:
- How to know if you actually need to even listen to this criticism or not (And, yes, there are times when you can straight-up ignore the critic)
- What to do in the moment when you are about to unleash a beast on someone giving you a bit of feedback
- How to figure out if it’s a “You” issue or a “Them” issue… or both
- The first step you MUST take if you want to move through the criticism gracefully (even if the other person is an asshat)
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!