We gain weight; we talk shit to our bodies. We have breakout; we tell the person in the mirror how gross she is. Our health wanes, and we tell our body it is betraying us. We often have vitriolic relationships with our bodies and in turn, with ourselves. And, then we continue to collude with others who hate their hips or arms or we find others who wants to play a game of “you think that’s bad… at least you don’t have…” and it becomes an ailment comparison game. Um… no one really wins that game. We keep the scales in our bathroom and compare ourselves to people on Facebook. All things we can totally control, btw.
In this episode, I look at five steps you can take TODAY to begin healing this broken relationship. And, I’m not going to tell you to just love the extra 50 pounds or “make peace” with your bad back. It just may be a refreshing new perspective you haven’t considered.
This pod explores:
- The few statements you MUST stops saying if you want to make friends with your bod
- How to separate your circumstance (being overweight or sick) from your relationship with your body… This is really a thing!
- How to come to your body’s rescue… especially if you’ve made a big mess
- The exact language I use to speak to my body (And, no it’s not ‘you’re so beautiful and I love you’)
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
Is this the year you go from a people-pleasing, guilt-tripped perfectionist to a bold and boundaried badass? Um, yeah. I think it is!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
You in on this FREE badassery yet? You are officially invited to my super exclusive/inclusive, [grin] Facebook group, The Joy Junkie After Hours Club!
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Pod #192 – I’m Not Ready! Putting Yourself Out There When You’re Scared Shitless
- Pod #151 – Letting Go of Blame
- What the Bleep Do We Know!?
- Heal Your Body by Louise Hay
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!