Whether consciously or otherwise, we tend to create conclusions about our self-worth based off of how other people respond to us. In essence, we think, If I receive a bunch of compliments, that must be proof that I’m worthy and if I receive criticisms that must be proof that I’m a complete loser. And then we live into this belief through our own self talk, behaviors, and what we choose to tolerate. And, trust… no one does this on purpose. No one says, “Let me put my entire self-worth in everyone else’s hands.” Of course not.
This episode explores our natural human tendency to attach ourselves to what others think of us, in turn, radically affecting our self-esteem and self-worth. Have a listen and learn three, easy tools you can use to begin finding your power internally instead of from external approval.
This pod explores:
- My favorite metaphor to use to evaluate if you are unnecessarily taking on someone else’s opinion as your truth (Like, your ex thinks you’re lazy, so you’ve decided that must be true)
- How no amount of self-help with make criticism feel good and how to address it without drowning yourself in a bottle of wine
- My personal story of dealing with R O U G H criticism and how I chose to process it
- How to decipher what is your responsibility and what isn’t (hint: NOT your job to make everyone like you)
THE EVENT MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
YOU CAN SNAG ALL THE LATEST IN FREE GOODS BY CLICKING HERE.
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
Is this the year you go from a people-pleasing, guilt-tripped perfectionist to a bold and boundaried badass? Um, yeah. I think it is!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
You in on this FREE badassery yet? You are officially invited to my super exclusive/inclusive, [grin] Facebook group, The Joy Junkie After Hours Club!
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!