What if you could listen in to a coaching session where someone is being coached on their relationship to perfectionism? You’d be all over it, right? Well, you’re in luck, my friend. In this coaching episode, I work with a lovely and highly accomplished woman, Ify, on her struggle of constantly putting things off until they can be “perfect” and how that has been seriously arresting some big goals and dreams.
When I asked how perfectionism was showing up in her life, here is what she shared with me:
Perfectionism has been the reoccurring thorn in my spine since I was a little girl. I always struggle with this idea that everything I do, every work I put out has to have the look or the illusion of perfection. What I’ve found is that this leads to failure to launch. I always get to the very brink, then I experience analysis paralysis. It’s put my whole life on this giant pause, still waiting. On the exterior I can give the impression that I’m bold, and I have it all figured out but internally I’m second guessing every little decision.
We look at the influence of her highly accomplished parents and how her father’s voice has turned into her inner voice, the constant pull to edit, and edit, and redo and redo, and how she is highly attached to the opinions of everyone else. Creep our session, have a pen and paper handy, and get ready to steal Ify’s homework for yourself.
This pod explores:
- How to let go of perfectionism if you fear that it’s the only thing keeping you in a state of excellence
- The role of emotional intelligence in learning to process when things don’t go “perfectly”
- Untangling the behaviors of our parents and their influence around perfectionism
- Determining when excellence is being called for and when it’s time to loosen the grip a bit
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
Is this the year you go from a people-pleasing, guilt-tripped perfectionist to a bold and boundaried badass? Um, yeah. I think it is!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!