In the last week, I have seen so many people hungry for guidance and support as we wade through these rough waters. How do we deal with our family and friends who voted for him? How do we continue to fight for what we believe in? What action can we take? How do I avoid a barrage of Facebook fights and insults?
And as always, when emotions run high, it can be so easy to be reactive, and in doing so, it can be easy to alienate the other side even more so. Which, as we have seen, doesn’t really get us anywhere. I wanted to create this pod as a way to get grounded and focused after what feels like a monolithic and insurmountable loss. This episode is, in no way, a bashing of the right and you will find no vitriol and acrimony. This pod is about being the people we want to be in the midst of a social climate making it increasingly difficult. If you have been having a challenge knowing what to do and how to handle yourself, please have a listen.
This pod explores:
- How to allow yourself the freedom to grieve while being aware of the impact of your words and actions
- How to handle social media and your friends and family who voted for Trump
- How to focus on being the solution instead of colluding about the problems
- A myriad of ways you can get involved and have your voice heard
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
Is this the year you go from a people-pleasing, guilt-tripped perfectionist to a bold and boundaried badass? Um, yeah. I think it is!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
You in on this FREE badassery yet? You are officially invited to my super exclusive/inclusive, [grin] Facebook group, The Joy Junkie After Hours Club!
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- How to Fight Back in Trump’s America
- Referral Resource Guide for those in trouble
- My Facebook post to my Trump-supporting friends and family
- Article about the Safety Pin movement
- Article from my colleague, Rachel Cole, entitled Stay – A call to be with the grief instead of running from it
- Election Night SNL Sketch featuring Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock
- Google plugin to hide your Facebook News Feed when you login to Facebook (only works while using google chrome browser)
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!