You’re left vacillating between two very opposing emotions. On one hand, you are super, fuckin’ proud of yourself for taking a stand and spelling out some tough boundaries. But on the other hand, you’re terribly hurt, bummed out, and deeply saddened that your loved one and you are at odds.
Listen, when you start speaking up for what YOU want for a change, there are going to be people in your life who just do not like the new, “empowered you”. They may be mean, make you wrong, or push guilt on you like no one’s biz. But, all is not lost. In fact, this episode is all about navigating the pain of standing up for yourself, deciding what the healthiest choices are for you, and owning your personal power like a total badass.
This pod explores:
- How to resist the urge to “make someone like you” after the two of you have had a tough convo (even if they’re super pissed at you, but you totally don’t think you did anything wrong)
- What to watch out for if you’re a “recovering” people-pleaser
- How to use the other person’s reaction to know if you’re on the right track or not
- How self-talk filters into the equation and the exact phrase I use to stay connected to my peace
THE EVENT MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
YOU CAN SNAG ALL THE LATEST IN FREE GOODS BY CLICKING HERE.
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
Is this the year you go from a people-pleasing, guilt-tripped perfectionist to a bold and boundaried badass? Um, yeah. I think it is!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
You in on this FREE badassery yet? You are officially invited to my super exclusive/inclusive, [grin] Facebook group, The Joy Junkie After Hours Club!
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington
Documentary by Tony Robbins: I AM NOT YOUR GURU available only on Netflix
Amy’s political Facebook rant on grace + kindness in politics
Madonna quote about power and not being loved
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!