EEver find yourself soooo furious when someone doesn’t do/say/be something you want them to? Or how about stressing out for days wondering if you landed that new job (which you can’t control) or if you’re going to be asked out again by you-know-who (also out of your control)? Or maybe you lose your shit if someone who is trying to “help” you isn’t doing it right? And perhaps you find yourself wondering, “Why do I want to control everything?”
In this episode, we look at the psychological and evolutionary reason why we try our damnedest to forecast every incident in our lives… aka CONTOL. Trying to force things into existence. Make your ex do something. Make someone hire you. Make someone ask you out again. And, while you’re spun out obsessing about how to control all these scenarios, you’re left feeling frustrated, empty and ultimately quite unhappy.
We also look at how our compulsion to control actually does serve us and contribute to our happiness and how to figure out the difference. Have a listen and learn how to loosen up that death-grip on control. You won’t die. Promise.
This pod explores:
- The psychological reason we are compelled to control events and people in our lives and what to do about it
- How to truly allow yourself to want the result you crave, without obsessing all. damn. day.
- How to craft a new definition of success that allows you to win every time, with every thing, and everyone
- My fav mantra formula to let go of shit you can’t control
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
Is this the year you go from a people-pleasing, guilt-tripped perfectionist to a bold and boundaried badass? Um, yeah. I think it is!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
You in on this FREE badassery yet? You are officially invited to my super exclusive/inclusive, [grin] Facebook group, The Joy Junkie After Hours Club!
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- “Meeting Esqueleto” scene from one of our very faves of all time, Nacho Libre.
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!