And maybe you’ve spoken up before and experienced a backlash you don’t want to experience again. So perhaps you’ve remained silent. And that anger, frustration, and resentment just festers and grows… until you blow up at your best friend or spouse because GOD-FORBID you actually address it with the family member involved. So, give yourself some compassion because these sorts of conflicts are extremely challenging and let’s not forget that we’re never taught how to speak up for ourselves in a kind and powerful way.
So, how do you stand up to your family? Have a listen to this episode where I break down four steps you can take to give voice to your familial grievances without moving out of the country or blocking your mom on Facebook. You just may have far more power than you think.
This pod explores:
- Why you need to establish boundaries, what the hell that even means, and how to do it
- My favorite way to prepare yourself before going into volatile or uncomfortable family functions
- How to figure out the role you want certain family to play in your life
- How to practice speaking up and what it has to do with your confidence
THE EVENT MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
YOU CAN SNAG ALL THE LATEST IN FREE GOODS BY CLICKING HERE.
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- POD #153 on Boundaries: What it Really Means to Establish Boundaries
- Clip from The Barry Gibbs Talk Show from Saturday Night Live featuring Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake as Barry and Robin Gibb
- “Throw it out on the line” clip from The Internship staring Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!