I think it’s far less common to talk about the negative consequences of a life consumed in Hope. Now, don’t get me wrong, I totally think Hope has it’s place and can provide immense comfort, but I think it’s worth examining when we use Hope as a crutch. As an excuse. As denial. Hoping that things work out but NOT making any solid plans of action. Hoping that your spouse will magically be what you need after expressing your needs over and over again and continually being let down… but, of course, hanging on to hope that he’ll change.
And let’s not forget that when you place all your eggs in the Hope basket, you are likely giving all your power away to people and circumstances you can’t control and ultimately you post-pone your happiness… You know, until X,Y, or Z happens… Because surely then, THEN you can be happy. Have a listen and see if you’ve been attached to Hope as a breath of inspiration and comfort or if you’ve allowed it to become a crutch of stagnation and self-sacrifice. Or… somewhere in-between.
This pod explores:
- Why Hope isn’t a strategy
- Think you’re super hopeful? You may actually be in denial… find out how to tell the difference
- How Hope may be putting your happiness on hold
- How to know when it’s time to be hopeful and when you’re giving all your power away to shit you can’t control
THE EVENT MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
YOU CAN SNAG ALL THE LATEST IN FREE GOODS BY CLICKING HERE.
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
Is this the year you go from a people-pleasing, guilt-tripped perfectionist to a bold and boundaried badass? Um, yeah. I think it is!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
You in on this FREE badassery yet? You are officially invited to my super exclusive/inclusive, [grin] Facebook group, The Joy Junkie After Hours Club!
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek mentioned by Mr. Smith
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!